Sunday, June 7, 2015

Bourke’s Luck Potholes – 2015-05-10

A month ago my wife and I had a weekend break in Sabie, Mpumalanga (Lat: 25° 5.914'S, Long: 30° 46.735'E), an area in South Africa where the main business is trees. Yes, they grow thousands upon thousands of trees in the region that are used mainly in the paper making business. The region is one of the most beautiful regions in South Africa!

nebuliser_tnThe problem with this break was that the previous Sunday I started getting sick, and by the Monday morning I was very sick. I decided to go see the doctor, with the result that he booked me off sick the whole week! I had developed bronchitis! The problem was that my lungs did not want to open up and release all the gunk in them. By Wednesday, my lungs weren’t doing better, so the doctor prescribed me a second set of antibiotics to take together with the first set, and he also prescribed stuff that I needed to nebulise with twice a day. By the time Friday arrived—departure day (8 May)—I was still not better. I was still nebulising, but I just felt that we had booked the weekend, and we (my wife and I) were going! I wasn’t going to just lose the money for the weekend away.

My wife had to do the driving, since I couldn’t drive at the time because of all the coughing. I would suddenly get these coughing fits that would completely rob me of oxygen, making me go light-headed with momentary blackouts. I couldn’t sleep in the car as I was the navigator. We eventually arrived at the lodge at about 21:00! After unpacking, I first had to nebulise. Saturday and Sunday morning I first had to nebulise before we went out for the day.

So, even though I was sick, and being in this beautiful area, I just had to take photographs. One of the most amazing places to visit is Bourke’s Luck Potholes (Lat: 24° 40.447'S, Long: 30° 48.646'E). These potholes are truly amazing, and here are some of the photographs I took.

D20150510T102808_WGD_S_tn

Bourke's Luck Potholes

Bourke's Luck Potholes

For more photographs of the Bourke’s Luck Potholes, please visit my Flickr account. In the past we used to be able to make slideshows of albums to embed on web pages and blog posts, but it seems that it is no longer available. I also tried some third party Flickr slideshow generators, but none worked.

No comments: